A fire destroyed a rural Kasota home at 44398 Hillside Court on Thursday night at 9:16 p.m.. Le Seuer County Sheriff's Office and the Kasota Fire Department determined the fire was caused by a wood-burning stove that created a chimney fire. The attic area was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived. The $182,500 home of Dale and Michelle Kaisersatt is considered a total loss. Firefighters extinguished the fire but had to return to the scene Friday to put out smoldering debris. No injuries were reported. The Cleveland, St. Peter, Le Center, and Le Sueur fire departments, Rivers Edge Ambulance Service, Le Sueur County Highway Department, South Central Minnesota Rehab Team and North Mankato Air Truck assisted at the scene.