The Free Press, Mankato, MN

Archive

mfp Kasota fire 3-8

A fire destroyed a rural Kasota home at 44398 Hillside Court on Thursday night at 9:16 p.m.. Le Seuer County Sheriff's Office and the Kasota Fire Department determined the fire was caused by a wood-burning stove that created a chimney fire. The attic area was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived. The $182,500 home of Dale and Michelle Kaisersatt is considered a total loss. Firefighters extinguished the fire but had to return to the scene Friday to put out smoldering debris. No injuries were reported. The Cleveland, St. Peter, Le Center, and Le Sueur fire departments, Rivers Edge Ambulance Service, Le Sueur County Highway Department, South Central Minnesota Rehab Team and North Mankato Air Truck assisted at the scene.

Featured Ads
Seasonal Content
Free Press news updates
Special Promotions
AP Video
Raw: Air Algerie Flight 5017 Wreckage Virginia Governor Tours Tornado Aftermath Judge Faces Heat Over Offer to Help Migrant Kids Kerry: No Deal Yet on 7-Day Gaza Truce Kangaroo Goes Missing in Oklahoma More M17 Bodies Return, Sanctions on Russia Grow Gaza Residents Mourn Dead Amid Airstrikes Raw: Deadly Tornado Hits Virginia Campground Ohio State Marching Band Chief Fired After Probe Raw: Big Rig Stuck in Illinois Swamp Cumberbatch Brings 'Penguins' to Comic-Con Raw: Air Algerie Crash Site in Mali Power to Be Restored After Wash. Wildfire Crashed Air Algerie Plane Found in Mali Israel Mulls Ceasefire Amid Gaza Offensive In Case of Fire, Oxygen Masks for Pets Mobile App Gives Tour of Battle of Atlanta Sites
Poll