- Breaking news
Death toll from Egypt violence rises to 638
It was the deadliest day by far since the 2011 popular uprising that toppled autocratic ruler Hosni Mubarak and plunged the country into more than two years of instability.
News & Comment: NYTimes.com shutdown. High school sports. Are they too expensive?
The digital news age has exploded, but it carries the risks inherent in technology. Some Free Press readers tell us often that high school sports is a waste of taxpayer money.
- Big Minn. state workers unions ratify contracts
- Minn. dad claims third of $448M Powerball jackpot
Gage is gone (VIDEO & PHOTO GALLERY)
The twin 12-story towers that have stood on Mankato's skyline since 1964 were imploded this morning.
Alyssa Sandeen undergoing transplant surgery
Doctors informed Mankato woman about noon Thursday that a donor heart was available. The operation began about 7:15 p.m. and was to take at least six hours.
- High court strikes down federal marriage provision
Update: Two found dead from gunshots in St. Peter
St. Peter Police say public not in danger, no suspects sought. House was located at 601 S. Front St. (map)
- Actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy at age 51 "Sopranos" star called a genius
One man arrested, another hospitalized after stabbing
N. Kato neighbor said suspect and victim had fought before
- More Breaking news Headlines
- Death toll from Egypt violence rises to 638