1. Op-Eds and My Views will be published at the discretion of The Free Press and in accordance with the following guidelines.
2. My views should be an opinion about topics in the news and should avoid lengthy recitations of other material, another' s opinion, matters of belief and faith, religious or non-religious.
3. Authors should have a special knowledge about the topic through their profession, significant experience or research.
4. Op-Eds and My Views should be about issues of general public interest, not promoting a commercial product or service.
5. Authors must cite the source of facts that are not general knowledge.
6. My Views and Op-Eds should be no longer than 750 words, and include a mugshot of the author.
7. Op-Eds or My Views that promote one political party will generally not be accepted.
8. Once Op-Eds or My Views are submitted, The Free Press has the right to edit the piece as its editors see fit, keeping the meaning, but generally editing for length, repetition, libel and good taste.
9. Given the nature of the daily news business there is not opportunity for My View or Op-Ed writers to submit amended versions after the first one has been submitted, nor is there time for the author to review Free Press editing.