- Controversy fitting for Thanksgiving In a land where freedom to disagree is so important, a Thanksgiving parade protest makes sense.
- County fair deserves shot at survival Why it matters: While the decision is tough, the board should focus on keeping the tradition alive rather than saving the location
- LOCALbusinesses deserve Hall of Fame honors
- Review SENATE BUILDING DEAL Our View: Senate building approval stretches credibility
- NSA denials Are not holding up Why it matters: Americans understand the need for spying but expect the highest level of oversight.
- Inaction on sex offenders risks public safety Why it matters: Without Legislative action, it is possible 700 sex offenders could be released in Minnesota
Sex offender reform efforts, chronology of stories, commentary
The Minnesoa Legislature and the governor must reform the Minnesota Sex Offender Program or risk having sex offender set free by a federal court order.
Here is a list of stories and commentaries on the issue and the current status.
Sex offender task force puts pressure on Legislature. 12/04/12 MFP
Sex offender reform heads to floor 05/08/13 MFP
Sex offender bill draws GOP opposition 05/10/13 MFP
Dayton to halt sex offender reviews for now. 11/13/13 AP
- Reduce waste, recycle more Why it matters: A recent report showed Minnesotans wasting more food and recycling less
- Our View: Why It Matters: Our increasing awareness of concussions is having an impact on participation in youth football.
- More work needed on mental health WHY IT MATTERS: Even with improvement in insurance coverage, we have a long way to go in actual parity in care for the mentally ill.
- More Editorials Headlines