ST. PETER — Gustavus Adolphus College has announced the performances for its 2013-14 Artist Series.
The performances are loosely based on the concept of Americana and include:
• Sept. 3-Oct. 13: New works by American artist Emily Sheehan with reception and artist talk on Sept. 19 at Schaefer Art Gallery;
• Oct. 3: "The Roots of Bluegrass," The Rose Ensemble in concert;
• Oct. 11: Classical guitarist Robert Gruca;
• Dec. 13: "At Home Again," Michael Johnson in concert;
• Feb. 28: "Bach & Jazz," The Bach Society of Minnesota with the jazz trio Framework;
• March 7: The Aeolus String Quartet in concert;
• April 13: Cellist Su-a Lee in concert.
Tickets for the 2013-14 Gustavus Artist Series are available online at gustavustickets.com or by calling the Gustavus Ticket Center at 507-933-7590.
Additional information regarding each artist in the Series is available by visiting the Series website: https://gustavus.edu/events/artistseries/.
The Free Press