Upcoming Red Cross blood donation opportunities
The American Red Cross urgently needs donors to help boost the blood supply following the Independence Day holiday.
The organization has issued an emergency appeal for blood donors of all blood types, and those with O negative, B negative and A negative blood are especially encouraged to give. There is a critical need for platelet donors as well.
- 1-6 p.m., today, Scheel's, 1850 Adams St., Suite 6, Mankato.
- 1:30-7:30 p.m., today, Gibbon Community Center, 100 Park Drive, Gibbon.
- 8 a.m.-1 p.m., Friday, Christian Assembly Church, 900 14th Ave. S.E., Waseca.
- 1-7 p.m., Tuesday, Eagles Orchid Inn, 500 Burnside St. S.E., Sleepy Eye.
- 1-7 p.m., Tuesday, Redeemer Lutheran Chruch, 700 S. Broadway, New Ulm.
- 1-7 p.m., Wednesday, St. Ann's Parish Center, 307 W. Second St., Janesville.
- 1-7 p.m., Wednesday, Vogel Fieldhouse, 122 S. Garden St., New Ulm.
Furniture and woodworking exhibit
WASECA -- Furniture-maker Mark Buley is concluding his exhibit of furniture and woodworking on display at the Waseca Arts Center, 200 State St. N.
The exhibit included a variety of furniture made from various North American hardwoods, pine and fir, and rice paper from Japan.
Buley is a former resident of Waseca and was involved in forming the Waseca Arts Council.
An end-of-show reception is planned for Friday, featuring extended gallery hours and a concert by The Cactus Blossoms. The band will be playing from 6-7 p.m. in the Art Center auditorium. Tickets for the concert are $10 and are available at the Waseca Art Center
Artists sought for Art Exhibition
ST. PETER -- Artists may submit their original work for the 21st Annual Prairie Lakes Regional Juried Art Exhibition from 3-6 p.m. Wednesday at the Arts Center of Saint Peter, 315 S. Minnesota Ave.
Two-dimensional work may be submitted, however no three-dimensional work. Participation is open to all artists ages 16 and over residing in the nine-county area.