Upcoming Red Cross blood donation opportunities
The American Red Cross has issued an appeal for blood donors of all blood types, and those with O negative, B negative and A negative blood are especially encouraged to give. There is a critical need for platelet donors as well.
- 12:30-5:30 p.m., today, American Red Cross, 105 Homestead Drive, Mankato.
- 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Friday, American Red Cross, 105 Homestead Drive, Mankato.
- 1:30-7:30 p.m., Friday, American Legion, 715 Third St., Nicollet.
- 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday, Scholarship America, 1 Scholarship Way, St. Peter.
- 11:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Tuesday, Blue Earth County Library, 100 E. Main St., Mankato.
- 1-7 p.m., Wednesday, Minnesota New Country School, 210 Main St., Henderson.
Senior LinkAge Line looking for Volunteers
The Senior LinkAge Line: A One Stop Shop for Minnesota Seniors is looking for volunteers to help individuals to understand their Medicare benefits, supplemental insurance options and long-term care options.
People interested in volunteering will receive free training and become Certified Health Insurance Counselors.
Training will be available in Mankato January 2014. Volunteer times and schedules are flexible.
For more information, contact Sarah at 1-800-333-2433 ext. 82026.
Working Caregiver presentation
WASECA -- There will be an brief presentation for working caregivers from 6:30-7:30 p.m. today at the Courthouse East Annex, 307 N. State St., Waseca.
The presentation will include information on day respite care, the taking care of yourself program, transportation and support groups of your peers.
There will also be Christmas treats and door prizes.
Performer Michael Johnson at Gustavus
ST. PETER -- Singer, song-writer, storyteller and guitarist Michael Johnson will be performing at 8 p.m. Friday in the Bjorling Recital Hall of Gustavus Adolphus College.
Johnson will perform his favorites from his 45-year career and his newest release, "Moonlit Deja Vu." Johnson has toured internationally and recorded 18 albums, which include 10 hit singles and two No. 1 country songs of the year.