The Free Press, Mankato, MN

Local News

February 26, 2014

Motel fire caused by boxes on stove

MANKATO — The Mankato Fire Department has confirmed the minor fire at Riverside Suites on Tuesday afternoon was caused by inattention to a stove by a guest in her suite.

The cause was boxes left on the heated area of a stove. The fire reached the wall and damaged surrounding objects. Firefighters were able to prevent further spread of the fire.

No guests were injured in the fire. The damage was estimated at $5,000 to $10,000.

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
Local News