MANKATO — There was a small fire Friday night in the lower level of the building in which Haute Dog pet styling studio and Gregg Andersen Gallery 19 photo studio are housed.
The fire broke out after 8 p.m. and Mankato Fire crews had the fire extinguished quickly. The cause and extent of the damage has yet to be released, although the second-level apartments were affected.
A Mankato Police officer said no tenants, including those in the apartments, were harmed. No animals were harmed either, she said. One small dog was taken out of the building, but it was fine.
Wagon Wheel owner Kevin Haefner said firefighters were blowing smoke out of his restaurant at about 9 p.m. He said the fire didn't damage his property, but smoke may have done some damage.
Gregg Andersen, who owns the building that caught fire next door, was not on site before about 9 p.m.
The intersection of South Front Street and Warren Street was blocked off for about 90 minutes or more while crews worked.
Mankato Police, Mankato Fire and Gold Cross Ambulance responded to the scene.
The Free Press