MANKATO - The following road closures and traffic delays will occur Sunday morning until early afternoon on Sunday as a result of the Mankato Marathon:
• Monks Avenue from Stadium Road to CR 90, 7:25 a.m. to 8:40 a.m.
• The intersection of Monks Avenue and Stadium Road, 7:25 a.m. to 8:20 a.m.
• Riverfront Drive will be closed from Poplar Street to Stoltzman Road, 4 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
• Poplar Street will be closed from Riverfront Drive to the Sibley Road, 4 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
• Access from all side streets on to Riverfront Drive from Stoltzman Road to Main Street, 4 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
The biggest impact from the closure will be Riverfront Drive, which will be effectively closed from the Civic Center to Mankato West High School. Motorists are encouraged to use Main Street to get around the Marathon to access downtown businesses. Alternatively, police will be directing people for crossing Riverfront Drive at Stoltzman Road whenever there is an opening in the Marathon.
Traffic will be restricted to one-lane on the following roads:
• Riverfront Drive will be reduced to one lane each way from Main Street to Stoltzman Road, 4 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
• One Lane closed on Victory Drive from Balcerzak to CR 82, 6 a.m. to 11 a.m.
• One Lane closed on Balcerzak from Monks Avenue to Victory Drive, 6 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Motorists should also anticipate traffic delays and congestion at the following roads:
• Blue Earth Street at the Red Jacket Trail, 8:40 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
• The intersection of Victory Drive and CR 82, 8:50 a.m. to 10:25 a.m.
A map of the road closures is available at the Marathon's website: www.mankatomarathon.com. For more information contact Mark Bongers, Mankato Marathon race director, on behalf of Visit Mankato, at 507-649-2322.