The Free Press, Mankato, MN

Local News

February 16, 2013

Small fire causes damage to Mankato house

MANKATO — A small fire was reported on the 500 block of North Broad Street just before 2 a.m. Saturday.

Mankato firefighters extinguished the fire, which was located in the first-floor stairway, before it spread to the rest of the house at 520 N. Broad, according to a release by the city of Mankato.

No injuries were reported. The fire caused about $5,000 in damage.

The cause of the fire was improper disposal of used staining cloth, the release stated.

Tips for proper disposal include: placing the cloth in an empty metal container that has a tight lid, and filling the container with water.

For information on where to dispose of this and other hazardous waste, visit blueearthcountymn.gov.

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
Local News
Featured Ads
AP Video