NEW ULM —
Jeff Bertrang, superintendent of Gibbon-Fairfax-Winthrop, has been chosen to replace New Ulm Supt. Harold Remme, who is retiring at the end of the school year.
Bertrang will assume his new position July 1.
The New Ulm School Board voted on the decision Tuesday night. The other finalist was Jean Broadwater, superintendent in Houston.
NEW ULM —
- Local News
- Hundreds turn out for Holiday Train The Canadian Pacific Holiday Train rumbled through New Ulm Sunday, attracting several hundred or so people who came to see the sights and hear the sounds.
- Club decorates tree with Hubbard House flowers Library Christmas tree's theme is 'Books and Flowers'
- Leonard accepts position with state Historical Society Ben Leonard to stay in St. Peter and continue as school board member.
One night in the life of the Salvation Army shelter
Four men share their stories with The Free Press.
- More Mankato homeless now than 10 years ago Young and old seeking help from a variety of sources
- How They Voted: week ending Dec. 6 Here's how area House members voted on major issues in the week ending Dec. 6. The Senate was in recess.
- City may delay big jump in water fees for apartments After hearing from apartment owners, Mankato city staff are proposing a six-month delay in plans to begin charging basic water and sewer fees for every apartment unit.
- Runners brave sub-zero temps to run the Reindeer Dash Runners had to work hard to stay warm during the YMCA's Reindeer Dash 5k Saturday.
Krohn column: Could reality TV get worse?
Get ready for wall-to-wall Vikes stadium coverage
- Shop With a Hero touches hearts, lives Annual program pairs officers and firefighters with kids in need. The "hero" helps them shop for their families, and for themselves.
- More Local News Headlines