NEW ULM —
Jeff Bertrang, superintendent of Gibbon-Fairfax-Winthrop, has been chosen to replace New Ulm Supt. Harold Remme, who is retiring at the end of the school year.
Bertrang will assume his new position July 1.
The New Ulm School Board voted on the decision Tuesday night. The other finalist was Jean Broadwater, superintendent in Houston.
NEW ULM —
- Local News
- North Mankato man wins $300,000 in lottery Ron Riley won the price July 18, and he and his wife, Deana, claimed the prize Friday.
- Kolstad closer to walking on own Isaac Kolstad's wife posted on his Caring Bridge he also had his "first real meal."
- Three injured in Sibley Co. crash Virginia Silva-Farias was driving a 2002 Jeep Liberty when it rolled on County Road 13.
- Part of Sunrise Drive closed today Motorists will not be able to drive between Traverse Road and Inverness Lane
Hearing set on offender housing
Mankato City Council sets hearing for controversial ex-con housing
- Poll: Matt Cassel will open season at quarterback Matt Cassel is the most likely Minnesota Vikings quarterback to start in the first week, according to the overwhelming voting results from Free Press readers. The topic of which of the Vikings’ three quarterbacks will start the first week has been a
- Mankato shelves three-dog limit A public hearing on a proposed ordinance limiting homes to no more than three dogs or cats drew a big crowd at Monday's Mankato City Council meeting.
Judge dismisses LaDue's attempted murder charges
Bomb possession charges remain.
- St. Peter Chamber criticizes electric rate increase Offers no alternative to city council.
- Another 7-story building planned for downtown Mankato. The Bridge Plaza proposal near the Veterans Memorial Bridge has grown to a seven-story commercial/condo development.
- More Local News Headlines