EAGLE LAKE — Residents of a four-apartment complex were temporarily displaced from their homes, which suffered smoke damage from a cooking fire Monday.
Eagle Lake firefighters responded to the call to 201 Eagle Ave. about 9:30 p.m. and were on the scene at about two and one-half hours. A woman who had been cooking in her kitchen, left the stove unattended and the apartment filled with smoke, said Fire Chief Alan Kleist.
Kleist said the woman's apartment suffered heavy smoke damage. The complex's other apartments had lesser degrees of smoke damage. The owner of the building provided the residents with a place to stay Monday night and arranged to have the apartments cleaned, he said.
Tuesday morning, Kleist gave the residents the OK to return home.