MANKATO — Mankato Department of Public Safety firefighters, with assistance from the State Fire Marshal's Office, determined the house fire Friday at 515 North Broad St. was likely caused by faulty electrical wiring in the rear porch.
The official ruling will be listed as undetermined because extensive fire damage made it difficult to confirm its exact cause. There was no suspicious activity or circumstances related to the fire.
The department reminds people that electrical wiring in a home should be inspected by a licensed electrician if circuit breakers or fuses are frequently tripping, or if an electrical current, also known as electrical arcing, is observed.
For more information about fire safety, contact public safety staff at 507-387-8577.