The Free Press, Mankato, MN

Local News

November 15, 2013

St. Peter organ business catches fire

The historic St. Peter organ-making business caught fire Friday afternoon, though no one was hurt and the building was not a total loss, said Eva Hendrickson, a daughter-in-law of the founder.

She said the extent of smoke and fire damage is unclear, and The Free Press was unable to reach the fire department to determine a cause. Hendrickson said the business, located at 1403 N. Fifth St., has been around for more than 40 years and its website lists more than 100 organs it has built.

 

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
Local News