MANKATO — Two Mankato women were injured Monday when a 1989 Plymouth failed to stop at a stop sign and collided with a 2011 GMC Terrain SUV. Amanda Knutson, 43, was eastbound on Tullamore Street, which has stop signs when it meets Star Street, and was cited by Mankato police for inattentive driving and failure to stop after colliding with the SUV being driven north on Star by Cynthia Frederick, 56. The crash was reported at 11:43 a.m. Frederick was in serious condition Monday night and Knutson was in fair condition at the Mankato hospital.
- Local News
Judge dismisses LaDue's attempted murder charges
Bomb possession charges remain.
- Suspect in drug murder case arrested in Illinois Tyler Caputo, who is facing a third-degree murder charge, was arrested in Harwood Heights, Illinois, Monday morning.
- St. Peter detour plans draw testy response An open house about MnDOT's plans to close Highway 169 through St. Peter for up to four weeks brought out the critics.
- Department of Ag tours Mankato cheese company Alemar Cheese received grant helping to increase production.
- Dollar Tree buys Family Dollar The fate of four Family Dollar stores in the Mankato area is unclear after an announcement that the chain will be acquired by the Dollar Tree.
- V-TEK acquires Royce Instruments California company designs precision assembly tools and high-accuracy, low-force bond test equipment.
- Girl, 14, was mother of dead baby The girl gave birth to the baby just a few hours prior to its death, authorities said.
- Woman reports attempted assault A woman reported she was able to escape an attempted assault at Land of Memories Park early Saturday morning.
- How They Voted: week ending July 25 Here's how area members of Congress voted on major issues in the week ending July 25.
- Some tax relief might be coming for rain-damaged homes. It will be far from a windfall, but some Blue Earth County properties might get a bit of property tax relief if they were heavily damaged by June rains.
- More Local News Headlines
- Judge dismisses LaDue's attempted murder charges