The Free Press, Mankato, MN

Local News

February 2, 2013

No one hurt in house fire

MANKATO — No one was injured in a Friday night house fire in Mankato that caused an estimated $50,000 damage.

Firefighters responded at 10:45 p.m. to a residence at 415 Warren Street and found heavy flames coming from a first floor window. Crews entered and found the fire had spread to the second floor.

The occupant, whose name wasn't released, reportedly left the house after smelling smoke.

A cat did die in the fire.

The fire is under investigation.

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
Local News