Blue Earth County
Kathryn Brand and Jolene Marie Tietz
MANKATO — Kathryn Brand of Mankato was elected to membership in the Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International as an undergraduate student through Mu Lambda Chapter at Minnesota State University on April 20. Jolene Marie Tietz of Mankato has been elected to membership as a graduate student.
Mankato West High School
MANKATO — The Mankato West High School Music Department participated in the Region 2AA Solo and Ensemble Music Contest sponsored by the Minnesota Sate High School League on March 30. Of the 38 events entered by West, 27 of them earned superior ratings including two that were named best performance in their site for the day. Almost 100 of West’s students participated.
The following students were rated superior in band solos: Adriane Otopalik (flute), Kelsi Tomm (flute), Brittany Stevens (clarinet), David Lindell (alto saxophone), Nikki Tomm (alto saxophone), Michael Schuldt (trumpet), Tim Mackie (trombone), Marty Kramlinger (trombone), Angie Frisk (xylophone), Brent Slingsby (snare drum), and Eric Elker (snare drum).
The following students were rated excellent in band solos: Mariah Krusemark (trumpet) and William Backes (trombone).
The following students were rated superior in band ensembles: Adriane Otopalik and Kelsi Tomm (flute duet); Mark Walchuk, David Lindell, Betsy Vose, Kelsy White (saxophone quartet); Kelsi Tomm, Megan Albright, Kristi Holmberg, Brittany Stevens, Ashley Buhr, Emily Miller, Rachel Mattison, Michelle Lindell, Megan Richmond, Schuyler Houtsma, Scott Klapperich, David Lindell, Nikki Tomm (woodwind choir); Rica Rachut, Brent Slingsby, Amanda Finch, Angie Firsk, Eric Elker, Erica Curtis, DJ Curtis, Forrest Kunkel, Scott Klapperich, Mark Walchuk (percussion ensemble).
The following students were rated excellent in band ensembles: Nicole Frish and Erica Curtis (alto saxophone duet); Rachel Peterson, Lauren Duran, Sarah Kamara, and Kirsten Scheller (flute quartet); Ashley Buhr and Emily Miller (clarinet duet).
The following choir solos were rated superior: Arian Ludi, Tim Mackie, Erica Putzke, Sam Mickle, Hanna Cesario, Carissa Ries, Jeff Hatleli, and Joe Mundell.
Blue Earth County
- Local News
Local volunteer headed to wildfire region
Richard Poulson of New Ulm deployed as Red Cross client casework supervisor.
- Le Sueur-based Davisco sold to Canadian dairy cooperative Area company started in 1943.
- State ranks high in kids' well-being Annual KIDS COUNTS report puts Minnesota 5th overall.
- Yesterday's wet basement may be today's mold problem After-flooding tips focus on removing water.
- Kolstad moving to new stage of rehab Isaac Kolstad, 24, started walking the length of a hallway and several laps around a gym with assistance.
- Le Center standoff ends without injury A standoff spanning more than five hours Monday ended with stun grenades, tear gas used and a suicidal man surrendering.
- Early renderings for new middle school unveiled Designs build upon Dakota Meadows layout ideas
- Update: Judge likely to OK order that CT results be shared in assault case A motion hearing occurred this morning for Philip Nelson, the former college football player accused of kicking Isaac Kolstad, 24, in the head.
- Businesses, city ready for Vikings training camp Tailgate party for fans at MSU Thursday as players arrive.
- SCC instructor remembered for positive spirit Doug Yentsch of Janesville drowned helping grandsons
- More Local News Headlines
- Local volunteer headed to wildfire region