Blue Earth County
Kathryn Brand and Jolene Marie Tietz
MANKATO — Kathryn Brand of Mankato was elected to membership in the Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International as an undergraduate student through Mu Lambda Chapter at Minnesota State University on April 20. Jolene Marie Tietz of Mankato has been elected to membership as a graduate student.
Mankato West High School
MANKATO — The Mankato West High School Music Department participated in the Region 2AA Solo and Ensemble Music Contest sponsored by the Minnesota Sate High School League on March 30. Of the 38 events entered by West, 27 of them earned superior ratings including two that were named best performance in their site for the day. Almost 100 of West’s students participated.
The following students were rated superior in band solos: Adriane Otopalik (flute), Kelsi Tomm (flute), Brittany Stevens (clarinet), David Lindell (alto saxophone), Nikki Tomm (alto saxophone), Michael Schuldt (trumpet), Tim Mackie (trombone), Marty Kramlinger (trombone), Angie Frisk (xylophone), Brent Slingsby (snare drum), and Eric Elker (snare drum).
The following students were rated excellent in band solos: Mariah Krusemark (trumpet) and William Backes (trombone).
The following students were rated superior in band ensembles: Adriane Otopalik and Kelsi Tomm (flute duet); Mark Walchuk, David Lindell, Betsy Vose, Kelsy White (saxophone quartet); Kelsi Tomm, Megan Albright, Kristi Holmberg, Brittany Stevens, Ashley Buhr, Emily Miller, Rachel Mattison, Michelle Lindell, Megan Richmond, Schuyler Houtsma, Scott Klapperich, David Lindell, Nikki Tomm (woodwind choir); Rica Rachut, Brent Slingsby, Amanda Finch, Angie Firsk, Eric Elker, Erica Curtis, DJ Curtis, Forrest Kunkel, Scott Klapperich, Mark Walchuk (percussion ensemble).
The following students were rated excellent in band ensembles: Nicole Frish and Erica Curtis (alto saxophone duet); Rachel Peterson, Lauren Duran, Sarah Kamara, and Kirsten Scheller (flute quartet); Ashley Buhr and Emily Miller (clarinet duet).
The following choir solos were rated superior: Arian Ludi, Tim Mackie, Erica Putzke, Sam Mickle, Hanna Cesario, Carissa Ries, Jeff Hatleli, and Joe Mundell.
Blue Earth County
- Local News
- New Ulm man sentenced in punishment case Steven Zeitz, 31, pleaded guilty to domestic assault.
- Mankato area adds jobs over year Area saw 1.6 percent job growth in June compared with the year before.
- Flood costs in state continue to climb It's estimated Waterville sustained millions of dollars in damages after 20 percent of it was covered in water.
- Four dead horses lead to animal cruelty charges Russell Peters of Good Thunder is facing four felony animal cruelty charges for allegedly allowing his horses to starve to death.
- Davis family wealth: $1.7 billion Cambria, Davisco, Sun Country family on Forbes list.
- Israel launches ground assault into Gaza Israel says it hopes to strike a blow against Hamas.
- Where have all the gents gone? Thanks, Derek Jeter It almost feels weird to be writing this, but ... I’m sad that a New York Yankee is retiring.Don’t get me wrong. When the Bronx Bombers made mincemeat out of our Twins, I sent enough bad vibes their way to impress a voodoo doctor. I, along with many
Adams Street roundabout target: Aug. 2
Despite a rainy June, the disruptive Highway 22 reconstruction is mostly on schedule. The first roundabout (at Adams Street) should be open by Aug. 2
- Group looks to St. Peter for new housing plans Southwest Minnesota Housing Partnership seeks bonding funds for low-income housing
- Judge upholds drug death murder charge A judge has denied a motion to dismiss a third-degree murder charge against Trace Hafner, who is accused of providing the dangerous drug that killed his girlfriend, Chloe Moses.
- More Local News Headlines