Blue Earth County
Kathryn Brand and Jolene Marie Tietz
MANKATO — Kathryn Brand of Mankato was elected to membership in the Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International as an undergraduate student through Mu Lambda Chapter at Minnesota State University on April 20. Jolene Marie Tietz of Mankato has been elected to membership as a graduate student.
Mankato West High School
MANKATO — The Mankato West High School Music Department participated in the Region 2AA Solo and Ensemble Music Contest sponsored by the Minnesota Sate High School League on March 30. Of the 38 events entered by West, 27 of them earned superior ratings including two that were named best performance in their site for the day. Almost 100 of West’s students participated.
The following students were rated superior in band solos: Adriane Otopalik (flute), Kelsi Tomm (flute), Brittany Stevens (clarinet), David Lindell (alto saxophone), Nikki Tomm (alto saxophone), Michael Schuldt (trumpet), Tim Mackie (trombone), Marty Kramlinger (trombone), Angie Frisk (xylophone), Brent Slingsby (snare drum), and Eric Elker (snare drum).
The following students were rated excellent in band solos: Mariah Krusemark (trumpet) and William Backes (trombone).
The following students were rated superior in band ensembles: Adriane Otopalik and Kelsi Tomm (flute duet); Mark Walchuk, David Lindell, Betsy Vose, Kelsy White (saxophone quartet); Kelsi Tomm, Megan Albright, Kristi Holmberg, Brittany Stevens, Ashley Buhr, Emily Miller, Rachel Mattison, Michelle Lindell, Megan Richmond, Schuyler Houtsma, Scott Klapperich, David Lindell, Nikki Tomm (woodwind choir); Rica Rachut, Brent Slingsby, Amanda Finch, Angie Firsk, Eric Elker, Erica Curtis, DJ Curtis, Forrest Kunkel, Scott Klapperich, Mark Walchuk (percussion ensemble).
The following students were rated excellent in band ensembles: Nicole Frish and Erica Curtis (alto saxophone duet); Rachel Peterson, Lauren Duran, Sarah Kamara, and Kirsten Scheller (flute quartet); Ashley Buhr and Emily Miller (clarinet duet).
The following choir solos were rated superior: Arian Ludi, Tim Mackie, Erica Putzke, Sam Mickle, Hanna Cesario, Carissa Ries, Jeff Hatleli, and Joe Mundell.
Blue Earth County
- Local News
- Local lawmakers react to sex offender panel Early indications of how a court-appointed panel is thinking about sex offenders have been disheartening to Rep. Tony Cornish of Vernon Center.
- Vietnam Vets Moving Wall coming to Cleveland Traveling memorial will be in Veterans Memorial Park July 24-28.
- Kolstad saying 'yes' and 'no' Former football player making gains in therapy.
- State: Experts' look at sex offenders skewed Attorney Nathan Brennaman says experts focusing only on patients who may be misplaced
- Mankato teen first in line for new heart East student Collin Luitjens has chronic heart disease.
- Semi loaded with turkeys rolls over Cyril Ganzevort of Peterson, Iowa, was driving the semi on Highway 14.
- Witness says she saw Ventura get punched in bar Laura deShazo of Salt Lake City was called as the first defense witness in Ventura's defamation case
- Update: Experts: More sex offenders should be released Federal action taken because state would not
Lake Crystal's Hepworth travels world installing massive stadium doors
Retractable end zone doors at Cowboys’ Stadium and Noura University in Saudi Arabia are some of Jim Hepworth's projects.
- Henderson businesses welcome Hwy 93 connection Highway 93 opened Monday, providing a direct link again between Henderson and Highway 169.
- More Local News Headlines