Blue Earth County
Kathryn Brand and Jolene Marie Tietz
MANKATO — Kathryn Brand of Mankato was elected to membership in the Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International as an undergraduate student through Mu Lambda Chapter at Minnesota State University on April 20. Jolene Marie Tietz of Mankato has been elected to membership as a graduate student.
Mankato West High School
MANKATO — The Mankato West High School Music Department participated in the Region 2AA Solo and Ensemble Music Contest sponsored by the Minnesota Sate High School League on March 30. Of the 38 events entered by West, 27 of them earned superior ratings including two that were named best performance in their site for the day. Almost 100 of West’s students participated.
The following students were rated superior in band solos: Adriane Otopalik (flute), Kelsi Tomm (flute), Brittany Stevens (clarinet), David Lindell (alto saxophone), Nikki Tomm (alto saxophone), Michael Schuldt (trumpet), Tim Mackie (trombone), Marty Kramlinger (trombone), Angie Frisk (xylophone), Brent Slingsby (snare drum), and Eric Elker (snare drum).
The following students were rated excellent in band solos: Mariah Krusemark (trumpet) and William Backes (trombone).
The following students were rated superior in band ensembles: Adriane Otopalik and Kelsi Tomm (flute duet); Mark Walchuk, David Lindell, Betsy Vose, Kelsy White (saxophone quartet); Kelsi Tomm, Megan Albright, Kristi Holmberg, Brittany Stevens, Ashley Buhr, Emily Miller, Rachel Mattison, Michelle Lindell, Megan Richmond, Schuyler Houtsma, Scott Klapperich, David Lindell, Nikki Tomm (woodwind choir); Rica Rachut, Brent Slingsby, Amanda Finch, Angie Firsk, Eric Elker, Erica Curtis, DJ Curtis, Forrest Kunkel, Scott Klapperich, Mark Walchuk (percussion ensemble).
The following students were rated excellent in band ensembles: Nicole Frish and Erica Curtis (alto saxophone duet); Rachel Peterson, Lauren Duran, Sarah Kamara, and Kirsten Scheller (flute quartet); Ashley Buhr and Emily Miller (clarinet duet).
The following choir solos were rated superior: Arian Ludi, Tim Mackie, Erica Putzke, Sam Mickle, Hanna Cesario, Carissa Ries, Jeff Hatleli, and Joe Mundell.
Blue Earth County
- Local News
Latest: Mankato football players meet Hoffner, say they want Keen back as coach
Minnesota State University players came onto their spring practice field today at 3:30 p.m. practice time but were not in uniform, except for three players
- SCC chosen as national pilot site SCC program to launch apprenticeships
- Blue Earth County maintains high STD ranking The county falls just Hennepin and Ramsey counties on chlamydia rates. Blue Earth County is third with 473 cases.
- Supreme court won't review Nibbe appeal The Minnesota Supreme Court will not review Jennifer Nibbe's claim saying she did not understand what she was doing when she pleaded guilty to murdering her husband, James Nibbe
- Hoffner returns to MSU practice field MSU coach returns to practice field unsure of transition
- Rollover near Rapidan injures two Brenda K. Leagjeld and Erik M. Leagjeld, both of Good Thunder, were treated for minor injuries
- Full video: Hoffner press conference
Latest: Hoffner decides to return to Minnesota State (VIDEO)
Todd Hoffner will return Wednesday to his job at Minnesota State as head football coach
- MSU students react to Hoffner's return Students see some justice in coach getting job back
- Democrats tout fruits of session House Democrats touted their minimum wage increase, tax relief and surplus-spending bill during a stop Tuesday in Mankato
- More Local News Headlines
- Latest: Mankato football players meet Hoffner, say they want Keen back as coach