The vac is back.
After a short hiatus that began Oct. 31, the City of Mankato’s leaf vacuum resumed its task of clearing the streets of leaves last week, and not a moment too soon. High winds have blasted leaves from a lot of Mankato’s trees, turning lawns into a crunchy collection of dead leaves.
Leaves have also taken up a lot of available residential parking during the vacuum’s intermission. Only larger vehicles have challenged the large piles of leaves left along curbs awaiting the vacuum’s return.
The leaf vacuum will continue its duties the day after garbage pick-up each week until Thanksgiving or the snow flies.
Until Thanksgiving or snow, leaf vacuum to clean streets
The vac is back.
- Local News
- Minn. River Board votes to dissolve The group, made up of county commissioners, saw dwindling funding from the state, and lawmakers last year cut funding completely.
VIDEO: Holiday Sharing Tree Gifts Are Sorted and Distributed to Area Families
More than 3,000 gifts were sorted and distributed to 900 area families through the Holiday Sharing Tree progam on Wednesday.
- MSU to get jet simulator North Star Aviation is buying the device, which will be installed on campus
- MRCI program makes art EASE-y MRCI program allows retiring clients with disabilities to remain creative through art.
- Zeroing in on final budgets North Mankato and Blue Earth County each passed property tax freezes in the past two days.
- Blue Earth County Board OKs pay raises, excludes own Top administrator given a 2.5 percentr raise as well.
- Fire heavily damages home near Janesville No one injured in fire at Mark and Wendy Hill residence.
- Fee taking helm at St. Peter arts center Ann Rosenquist Fee, a longtime employee at Minnesota State University, has been named executive director of the Arts Center of St. Peter.
- Nicollet Co. Historical Society names new director Alyssa Auten begins duties Jan. 21
- Unhitched trailer, car collide on Highway 13 Colleen Campbell of New Prague was injured when her car and an unhitched trailer collided on Highway 13
- More Local News Headlines