The vac is back.
After a short hiatus that began Oct. 31, the City of Mankato’s leaf vacuum resumed its task of clearing the streets of leaves last week, and not a moment too soon. High winds have blasted leaves from a lot of Mankato’s trees, turning lawns into a crunchy collection of dead leaves.
Leaves have also taken up a lot of available residential parking during the vacuum’s intermission. Only larger vehicles have challenged the large piles of leaves left along curbs awaiting the vacuum’s return.
The leaf vacuum will continue its duties the day after garbage pick-up each week until Thanksgiving or the snow flies.
Until Thanksgiving or snow, leaf vacuum to clean streets
The vac is back.
- Local News
Update: Police try to sort out chaotic shooting; One killed, three in custody
Police were called to a disturbance at the Kato Entertainment Center and arrived to the sound of gunshots
- Madison Lake man drowns late Saturday Rescuers recovered the body from Madison Lake at 2 a.m. Sunday.
- Volunteer awards: Brigger goes the extra mile Adult Basic Education assessment assistant is one of 18 CLOVE Hands in Action award winners.
- Bethany in early stages of adding nursing program College searching for full-time director of nursing
- Fundraiser tests adults, children Children's Museum, Educare base event on show.
- Ask Us: New danger to bunnies identified To play it safe, bunnies should be aware of things above and in the underbrush.
- Hundreds of children wonder what's inside an Easter egg Egg hunts across the area keep kids guessing
- Interim roller sports park A HIT The fire station, which was vacated by the city and is up for sale, proved the perfect venue for setting up the temporary park.
- Meltdown event good motivator for healthy living More than 800 people participated in the inaugural Mankato Meltdown, which wrapped up Wednesday.
Man sought in murder case booked into jail
The charges were filed against Tyler Anthony Caputo, 21, on Thursday and he was taken into custody
- More Local News Headlines
- Update: Police try to sort out chaotic shooting; One killed, three in custody