With 278 of 280 precincts reported (99 percent), incumbent Michele Bachmann
has been re-elected to serve U.S. House District 6. The GOP incumbent
received 178,985 votes, 51 percent; while challenger Jim Graves, Democrat,
received 175,230 votes, 49 percent.
Bachmann wins 51-49 percent
- Local News
- Fire destroys rural Arlington home Cause of the fire was not known Friday night.
- Waseca court director fired Peterson accused of creating hostile work environment
- Early morning fire destroys home, detached garage Occupants of rural Waterville home escape unharmed
- Nothing nefarius, just art A suspicious package call on the Minnesota State University campus turned out to be an art project.
- U of M ag prize nominees sought Nominations are open for the Siehl Prize for Excellence in Agriculture 2014 awards, which were created by a New Ulm farmer in the 1990s. The prize recognizes outstanding contributions to agriculture and the alleviation of world hunger. The University
- MSU students volunteer for Red Kettle campaign Social work majors collected donations and greeted shoppers during their volunteer shift
- Experts evaluating Gifted and Talented program Mankato Schools hired consultants in response to parent feedback
- Lawsuit filed in deadly fall case Andrew Burnett, 28, of New Ulm died Oct. 27, 2012, when he fell about 60 feet while working at the South Central Grain and Energy facility in Buffalo Lake.
- Nicollet man critically injured in rollover Monday Samson C. Palmquist was in critical condition at North Memorial in Robbinsdale
- Grocery produce waste now recycled Hilltop Hy-Vee received a grant to compost its waste with the compost going to the community farm.
- More Local News Headlines