The Mankato Free Press
---- — Veterans Day programs — all open to the public — are planned in schools throughout the area on Monday.
The programs include:
• U.S. Rep. Tim Walz of Mankato, a National Guard veteran, will be the guest speaker at several schools Monday, including the 8:30 a.m. program at St. Peter High School.
• U.S. Sen. Al Franken is the guest speaker for a program 10 a.m. at New Richland-Hartland-Ellendale-Geneva High School.
• Veterans will be honored during a program 9:30 a.m. Monday at Janesville-Waldorf-Pemberton High School in Janesville.
• Former Waseca County Court Administrator Doug Prescher, a Vietnam veteran, is the guest speaker for an 8:50 a.m. program at the Waseca Junior Senior High School. All area veterans of all ages and the public are welcome.
• Iraq War veteran Angelica Figueroa, who served with the Marine Corps for 21 years, is the guest speaker 10:15 a.m. at the Sibley East High School campus in Arlington.
• Minnesota Army National Guard Sfc. Scott Krueger is the guest speaker 8:15 a.m. at Le Sueur-Henderson High School. Programs also are planned at Park Elementary School in Le Sueur and Hilltop and New Country schools in Henderson.
• Ceremonies are planned 8:15 a.m. at Mountain Lake High School's auditorium and 10 a.m. at Butterfield-Odin School's gymnasium.
• Waterville Veterans of Foreign Wars Post Commander Leah Kaiser will present the keynote address for a 10 a.m. program at Waterville-Elysian-Morristown School in Waterville.