- Local News
- Suspicious vehicle investigated, meth found A deputy turning around in Beauford happens upon a man allegedly selling methamphetamine.
- Outreach helps Minnesota state parks grow business Legacy funds help bolster outreach
- Mankato moves to limit dog numbers A public hearing is coming next week on a Mankato city ordinance change that would prohibit most people from having more three dogs or cats and apartment dwellers from having more than one dog or two cats.
- County: No tie to offender house Blue Earth County assures the city of Mankato that the Department of Corrections acted on its own in quietly setting up a home for high-risk offenders on Record Street.
- Late 1800s growth brought need for big post office Vetter family oversaw several phases of the post office's construction.
- Mankato parks open despite flood damage It took bulldozers in some places to clear what the flooding Minnesota River deposited on Mankato's parks. A month later, though, most of the repairs are done.
Mankato's historic post office seeks new life as downtown's crown jewel
Redevelopment ideas include arts, apartments, shops
- Lonsdale man dies in motorcycle crash A 55-year-old Lonsdale man was killed in a motorcycle accident in Wabasha County Friday night, according to the Minnesota State Patrol. Joseph F. Simek of Lonsdale was eastbound on Highway 60 when he lost control of his motorcycle and went off the ro
- Federal roadblock could stall 2015 construction The federal impasse over road funding could hit the Mankato area hard in 2015, but MnDOT officials aren't saying yet which local projects are most threatened.
- Kasota man accused of attempted rape, arson and slashing deputy A rural Kasota man is accused of attempting to rape a minor before setting his house on fire after she escaped and slashing an investigator later in the day, KEYC-TV reported.
- More Local News Headlines