The Free Press
— Road closures and traffic delays will accompany Sunday’s Mankato Marathon.
The following roads will be closed:
• Riverfront Drive from Poplar Street to Stoltzman Road, 4 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
• Side streets off the south side of Riverfront Drive from Stoltzman Road to Main Street, 4 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
• Intersection of Monks Avenue and Stadium Road, 7:25 a.m. to 8:20 a.m.
• Monks Avenue from Stadium Road to County Road 90, 7:25 a.m. to 8:40 a.m.
• Poplar Street from Riverfront Drive to Sibley Road, 4 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
The best way to access businesses and homes on the north side of Riverfront Drive will be to drive north, past the detour, and turn onto Riverfront Drive at Plum Street (in front of the Wine Cafe). While the southbound lanes will be occupied by runners, the northbound lanes will be open (except for the block listed above) and split so they’re usable in both directions.
Motorists can also expect traffic delays on the following roads:
• Intersection of Victory Drive and County Road 82, 8:50 a.m. to 10:25 a.m.
• Blue Earth Street at the Red Jacket Trail, 8:40 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Traffic will also be reduced to one lane on the following roads:
• Victory Drive from Balcerzak Drive to County Road 82, 6 a.m. to 11 a.m.
• Balcerzak Drive from Monks Avenue to Victory Drive, 6 a.m. to 11 a.m.
• Riverfront Drive from Main Street to Stoltzman Road, 4 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
A map of the road closures is available at the city’s website.