MANKATO — Mankato Clinic Foundation recently approved $67,000 in grants to 12 area organizations.
Recipients of the foundation's first-quarter grants are:
• Greater Mankato Area United Way's First Steps program, $30,000;
• South Central Community College's student scholarship program, $10,000.
• LEEP — a nonprofit promoting recreation and healthy living opportunities for people with special needs — $5,000;
• Greater Mankato Diversity Council, $3,000;
• The Salvation Army of Mankato, $3,000;
• Lake Crystal Area Recreation Center, $3,000;
• Centenary United Methodist Church's Holy Grounds Breakfast, $3,000;
• Minnesota State University's Camp Maverick, $3,000;
• ECHO Food Shelf, $3,000;
• Wellcome Manor Family Services, $1,500;
• St. Peter Recreation Leisure Services Department's Memory Minder Kits and Memory Café, $1,500;
• Greater Mankato Area United Way's Project Community Connect, $1,000.
Mankato Clinic physicians provide the majority of the foundation funding as a way to give back to the community by providing support to organizations which strive to improve health and wellness in the communities they serve.
Grants are awarded on a quarterly basis and are considered through an application process. More information and applications can be found at mankatoclinic.com/Mankato-clinic-foundation.
The next grant application deadline is March 1.