- Visit NIE Teacher Resources for over 200 instructional ideas.
- Click here for "Ten Great Activities for Using the Newspaper."
- Visit vocabulary.com for vocabulary resources, including puzzles and lesson plans.
- Visit the National Geographic web site for lesson plans, activity ideas, and additional resources.
- Geography Awareness Week is November 15-21, 2009. Check out the National Geographic site, "Get Lost in Mapping: Find Your Place in the World."
- Go to the Geography Action! page for geographical information and resources.
- Visit the Fraud Scene Investigator web site for resources related to teaching students about investment fraud.
- Go to highschooljournalism.org for lesson plans, resources, and links to high school newspapers.
- Visit NetSmartz Workshop for resources to teach students about Internet safety and technology.
- The Space Place is produced by NASA and includes interesting and current space information. Visit the Space Place web site for games, animations, projects, and fun facts about Earth, space, and technology.
- Check out the Allstate Foundation's second annual Keep the Drive High School Journalism Awards which calls for high school journalists to bring awareness to the dangers of texting while driving. Complete rules are available here.
Web Sites for Constitution Day ResourcesCenter for Civic Education
First Amendment Center
Bill of Rights Institute
NIE Teacher Instructional Resources(Email email@example.com for user name & password)
Illinois First Amendment Center
Yale-New Haven Teachers Institute