- Paying homage to the turkey hunting gods If there were a Minnesota Turkey Hunter Hall of Shame, I could be a prime candidate for induction. It's been so long since I've wrapped a tag around a Minnesota bird's leg that I can't remember exactly the last time I've pulled the trigger on a gobbl
- No Headline Provided Key City Conservation Club to hold Youth Day MADISON LAKE -- The Key City Conservation Club will hold a 12th Annual Youth Day, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Saturday, May 3, at its club property at 23370 Blue Earth Co. Rd 188, Madison Lake. A variety of outdoor ac
Eileen Factor, 85, from Le Center passed away on Monday, April 14, 2014.
Cross column: Exorcising winter's demons ... finally
Can't beat fresh fish for a meal
Know Your Lakes: Series maps
Missed out on the weekly lake preview Wednesday's in the print edition? That's ok, we have you covered here. View the series thus far and download a printable PDF.
- Trout opportunities available Saturday Trout opportunites available Saturday WATERVILLE -- Anglers looking for a little open water relief from this extended winter might consider heading to one of the area's trout fishing venues next Saturday when the Minnesota stream trout season begins.
- Cross: Focusing on future of Minnesota's deer herd Minnesota deer hunters are never short of opinions. Put a bunch of them in the same room, ask them how the state's deer herd is doing, and you're sure to get an earful of divergent views. But that was the point Thursday as the Minnesota Department of
- Searching for spring -- and open water We all can agree: It's been a long, long winter. If you're an ice angler, then maybe you're quite happy that that your knuckles are scraping by the time your auger breaks through the thick mantel of ice. But the rest of us? Winter weary, we pine for
Cross column: Free guns with truck makes good business
To suggest that the promotion to give away guns with a truck purchase tweaked media interest would be a significant understatement.
- Muskie group to meet in Owatonna
- More Outdoors Headlines