- Searching for spring -- and open water We all can agree: It's been a long, long winter. If you're an ice angler, then maybe you're quite happy that that your knuckles are scraping by the time your auger breaks through the thick mantel of ice. But the rest of us? Winter weary, we pine for
Cross column: Free guns with truck makes good business
To suggest that the promotion to give away guns with a truck purchase tweaked media interest would be a significant understatement.
- Muskie group to meet in Owatonna
Cross column: Fishing season ends, winter season doesn't
Ice shelter owners who haven’t visited their fishing abodes recently likely will be in for an unpleasant surprise when they attempt to remove them.
- Tolerance to oxygen level varies by species
- Cross column: Winterkill is likely for some area lakes
Cross column: Win Some, Lose Some with New Farm Bill
Conservation provisions in farm bill could have been better.
Wintertime, and the livin' ain't easy
For pheasants, deer and other wildlife, cold is not so much the key as snow-depth
- Cross column: Another polar vortex? Count your blessings!
Cross: New water control structure for Swan Lake
How did carp get in Swan Lake?
- More Outdoors Headlines