INVER GROVE HEIGHTS —
Bobby Schultze turned in a pair of second-place finishes Saturday to lead the Mankato East/Loyola boys swimming and diving team at the Section 1A Meet.
The Cougars placed seventh overall with 183 points. Mankato West was one spot better in sixth with 197. St. Thomas Academy won the team title with 488 points.
Schultze placed second in both the 200-yard individual medley (2:03.19) and the 100-butterfly (53.99) to advance to state in each event. He also qualified for state in the 200-freestyle relay, joining with teammates Jack Adams, Sam Rykhus and Corey Kriesel for third-place and state-cut time of 1:31.52.
Schultze, Adams, Brett Petersen and Kriesel also qualified in the 400-free relay with a fourth-place and state-cut time of 3:22.63. East/Loyola’s only other qualifier was Nathan Dreyer in the 100-backstroke. He was fifth with a state-cut time of 1:04.04.
West was led by Noah Bjork’s third-place score of 341.75 in the 1-meter dive, which qualified him to state. He was named Section 1A Diver of the Year at the conclusion of the meet.
The Scarlets 200-medley relay team of Kyle Wolke, Tanner Sonnek, Hayden Ziegler and Ben Rorem also advanced with a third-place and state-cut time of 1:44.44.
Jake Bjork made it to state for West in the 500-freestyle. He placed sixth with a state-cut time of 506.02. Sonnek also advanced with a sixth-place effort, delivering a state-cut time of 1:04.33 in the 100-breaststroke.
The Class A state meet begins Thursday with diving preliminaries and runs through Saturday at the University of Minnesota Aquatic Center.
INVER GROVE HEIGHTS —
(PHOTO GALLERY) Mankato West boys basketball v. Marshall
The Scarlet boys basketball team took on Marshall for the Section 2AAA title and a state tournament berth Thursday at MSU's Bresnan Arena.Continued ...
- Much is riding on WCHA's final weekend
- Celebration turns to disappointment for MSU
- Magic continues for St. Peter in postseason
- East girls pull away late to reach Section 2AAA semis
- MSU men win NSIC tournament title
- Monaghan leads MSU to tournament championship
- Follow Chad Courrier's live chat of MSU basketball
- Crusaders rally in 2nd half for playoff victory
- Fabulous February puts MSU hockey team into title contention
- (PHOTO GALLERY) Mankato West boys basketball v. Marshall
Cross column: Fishing season ends, winter season doesn't
Ice shelter owners who haven’t visited their fishing abodes recently likely will be in for an unpleasant surprise when they attempt to remove them.Continued ...
- Tolerance to oxygen level varies by species
- Cross column: Winterkill is likely for some area lakes
- Cross column: Win Some, Lose Some with New Farm Bill
- Know Your Lakes: Series maps
- Cross column: Fishing season ends, winter season doesn't
- Latest auto racing news