INVER GROVE HEIGHTS —
Bobby Schultze turned in a pair of second-place finishes Saturday to lead the Mankato East/Loyola boys swimming and diving team at the Section 1A Meet.
The Cougars placed seventh overall with 183 points. Mankato West was one spot better in sixth with 197. St. Thomas Academy won the team title with 488 points.
Schultze placed second in both the 200-yard individual medley (2:03.19) and the 100-butterfly (53.99) to advance to state in each event. He also qualified for state in the 200-freestyle relay, joining with teammates Jack Adams, Sam Rykhus and Corey Kriesel for third-place and state-cut time of 1:31.52.
Schultze, Adams, Brett Petersen and Kriesel also qualified in the 400-free relay with a fourth-place and state-cut time of 3:22.63. East/Loyola’s only other qualifier was Nathan Dreyer in the 100-backstroke. He was fifth with a state-cut time of 1:04.04.
West was led by Noah Bjork’s third-place score of 341.75 in the 1-meter dive, which qualified him to state. He was named Section 1A Diver of the Year at the conclusion of the meet.
The Scarlets 200-medley relay team of Kyle Wolke, Tanner Sonnek, Hayden Ziegler and Ben Rorem also advanced with a third-place and state-cut time of 1:44.44.
Jake Bjork made it to state for West in the 500-freestyle. He placed sixth with a state-cut time of 506.02. Sonnek also advanced with a sixth-place effort, delivering a state-cut time of 1:04.33 in the 100-breaststroke.
The Class A state meet begins Thursday with diving preliminaries and runs through Saturday at the University of Minnesota Aquatic Center.
INVER GROVE HEIGHTS —
Zimmer's takeover of Vikings begins in earnest
Vikings' roster includes 10 former first-round picksContinued ...
Lloyd looking for place to play, chance to win
Transfer QB will challenge for Mavericks' starting jobContinued ...
- Fill-in Swarzak pitches Twins past Cleveland
- Rueda column: Northwoods League continues to try new things
- MSU grounds crew is busy prepping football fields for Vikings
- Santana homers to lead Cleveland past Minnesota
- South blanks North in NWL All-Star game
- Cavaliers to sign Wiggins to contract
- Willingham's HR rescues Twins
- Eight newcomers set to bolster MSU wrestling program
- Zimmer's takeover of Vikings begins in earnest
Chasing walleyes in South Dakota nice
We slowed to a crawl the other day on the dusty Day County township road in northeast South Dakota, a courtesy to the farmer who was baling ditch hay south of Webster.Otherwise, we would have enveloped him as he drove his open tractor in the chokingContinued ...
- Fishing report
- Cross column: No wake, no fish ... no problems on the water
- Cross column: Where does the buck stop in your home?
- Know Your Lakes: Series maps
- Chasing walleyes in South Dakota nice
- Latest auto racing news