The Free Press, Mankato, MN

State, national news

March 3, 2014

Couple dies of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning

CROOKSTON (AP) — A rural Crookston couple has died of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in their home and two young women are being treated.

Polk County sheriff's authorities say 49-year-old Kent Ostgaard and his 51-year-old wife, Natalie, were found dead after a 911 call Monday morning.

Aryanna Ostgaard, 22, was unconscious but still breathing. The sheriff's office says she was taken to a Grand Forks, N.D., hospital, but her location and condition could not be determined.

A 17-year-old girl found conscious inside the home was taken to RiverView Health in Crookston.

The Crookston Daily Times reports the Ostgaards have three children — a 22-year daughter, a middle child who attends University of Minnesota Duluth and a 17-year-old daughter.

Natalie Ostgaard was city editor at the Crookston Daily Times from 2002 to 2013.

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
State, national news