Vice President Joe Biden seemed to have fun while greeting the families of the newest members of Congress.
- State, national news
- Police shooting reported in West St. Paul WEST ST. PAUL (AP) — Police are responding to the reported shooting of an officer in West St. Paul. Details weren't immediately available. Calls from The Associated Press to several police and city departments in the area weren't immediately returne
- Mars rover Opportunity breaks the off-world driving record Opportunity, the little rover that could, has broken a 41-year-old driving distance record that’s out of this world. The decade-old NASA Mars rover has crossed the 25-mile mark, surpassing the 24.2-mile record held by the Russian moon rover Lunokhod
- Minnesota officials consider high-speed rail ROCHESTER, Minn. (AP) — Minnesota officials are holding public meetings on a proposed high-speed train linking Rochester to the Twin Cities. Transportation planners from state and federal departments are evaluating possibilities for the Zip Rail pas
- Study finds 5 servings of produce is enough, but we're not eating it How many times will we have to be told? Apparently we haven’t reached the point when we’ll change our habits, but here goes again: Eating five servings of fruits and vegetables every day can help us live longer. That comes from researchers’ analysis
- GOP gov hopeful Honour wants state spending cap Tells St. Cloud Times he wants a statutory budget cap linked to population and inflation.
- Court blocks Mississippi from closing state's last abortion clinic The state can still appeal the decision and is reviewing the ruling and considering options.
- NCAA settles head-injury suit, will change rules $70 million fund to diagnose thousands of current and former college athletes
- Jury awards Ventura $1.8M in defamation case A jury has awarded former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura $1.8 million in his lawsuit against the estate of "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle.
- Sprinkler mandate takes effect in Jan. Builders Association of the Twin Cities objects to requirement
- Man rescues two from St. Paul fire Mother and baby saved from burning structure
- More State, national news Headlines