President Obama and members of Congress have said the government shutdown would end today if Speaker John Boehner would put the bill to a vote.
- State, national news
- Hunters accuse Minn. DNR of racial profiling
- Rough ride for U.S.-Russia copter deal The deal looked sketchy from the start.
- Judge limits prosecution in Minn. terror case Judge says FBI questions not proper
- Gene therapy scores big wins against blood cancers
- Snow, ice, deep-freeze hit large swath of U.S. A late fall cold snap that has gripped much of the country is being blamed for a handful of deaths and has forced people to deal with frigid temperatures, power outages by the thousands and treacherous roads.
- U.S. vet Merrill Newman, 85, home from North Korea A tired but smiling 85-year-old U.S. veteran detained in North Korea for several weeks returned home Saturday to applause.
- Icy conditions lead to fatal crash
- Officials urge 'hard look' at PolyMet mine review PolyMet's mine near Babbitt would be Minnesota's first copper-nickel mining operation.
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M It was the highest price ever paid for a guitar at auction.
- Nelson Mandela, South Africa's peacemaker, dies
- More State, national news Headlines