“He was responsive so we were able to, at least, get him up, get him to the stairs. He did say, ‘My son, my son,’ so he knew his son was involved or was in distress,” Rowe said. “We were talking to him. He was moaning, but the only discernible thing that he said was ‘My son.”’
Rowe said his understanding was that a snow plow had come up the street and had pushed snow back onto the bank, which then impacted the car’s exhaust pipe.
Also, fire officials said a man found in a car with the engine running in Mattapan on Saturday evening died of carbon monoxide poisoning, according to media reports. The Boston Globe said officials believe the car’s tailpipe was blocked by snow, allowing the gas to build up.