- State, national news
- Hamas meets Egypt truce call with rocket fire GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) — Gaza militants on Tuesday met Egypt's call for a quick truce with repeated rocket fire on Israel and senior Hamas officials rejected the proposal, saying they weren't consulted. Israel accepted Cairo's plan, but warned it
- Man killed crossing street ROSEVILLE — A 79-year-old man has died after he was hit by a vehicle while crossing a street in Roseville.Police say Charles Betts of Roseville was hit about 5 a.m. Monday. An off-duty officer on the way to work came upon the accident minutes after i
Most of the crop conditions better
ST. PAUL (AP) — Most Minnesota crops conditions showed improvement during the past week. According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, only potato and hay crop conditions in Minnesota showed a slight decline. Corn conditions are 64 percent good t
- Tractor accident victim indentified BRAINERD — Authorities have released the name of an 86-year-old Brainerd man who was killed in a tractor accident last week. The Cass County sheriff's office identifies the victim as Reuben Root. Authorities say Root was pinned by a tractor in a she
- Police patrol as ambassadors at All-Star events MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Minneapolis police monitor more than 200 public safety cameras from a command center near Target Field where Tuesday's All-Star Game will be held. With the All-Star festivities well under way, the police force also has a strong pr
- Marijuana ads signal new strategy in push to legalize WASHINGTON — In the topsy-turvy world of marijuana politics, conservative Republican Rep. Doc Hastings of Washington state is the unlikely hero of the moment, lauded for trying to protect medical pot users from federal arrest. In Florida, liberal De
- Got a rash? iPad, other devices might be the cause CHICAGO (AP) — Unexplained rash? Check your iPad. It turns out the popular tablet computer may contain nickel, one of the most common allergy-inducing metals. Recent reports in medical journals detail nickel allergies from a variety of personal elec
- Analysis: Mideast crisis a strategic stalemate If the Israel-Hamas fighting feels like a rerun, that's because it is. This is the third round of Hamas rockets and Israel airstrikes since the Islamic militant group seized control of the Gaza Strip in 2007. And issues each time seem much the same:
- Obama may hold fix to flood of immigrant kids President Barack Obama can take action to relieve much of the crisis, say two key lawmakers, one Democrat and the other, Republican.
- Byron boy hosting bike ride to raise trail funds With only a helmet and a bicycle, Isaiah Crossfield, 12, has touched the lives of children around the world.
- More State, national news Headlines