- State, national news
- Senate panel's medical pot hearing to continue ST. PAUL (AP) — Medical marijuana has not yet been snuffed out in Minnesota. Sen. Scott Dibble, a Minneapolis Democrat, took up the gauntlet Gov. Mark Dayton threw down this week when he dared legislators to vote on the proposal if they felt they co
- US Senate weighs NASA decision to restrict ties with Russia WASHINGTON — The granddaughter of former President Dwight Eisenhower — the man who founded NASA at the start of the Cold War — on Wednesday warned that NASA was making a “counterproductive and damaging” mistake by restricting ties with Russia over th
- McAllister aide among few with access to kiss tape MONROE, La. (AP) — A top aide to a Louisiana congressman videotaped kissing a married woman who is not his wife was one of the few people with access to the leaked security footage that exposed the dalliance. Pressure has mounted on Republican Vance
- Programming flaw places web security at risk SAN FRANCISCO — The discovery of a significant flaw in software that was supposed to provide extra protection for thousands of websites has thrown the tech world into chaos as experts scrambled to understand the scope of the vulnerability. Consumers
- Medicare Millionaires: Data base of payments opens eyes More then 300 physicians pulled in $3 million or more in 2012; two percent of clinicians account for a fourth of payments.
- Minnesota Senate passes $9.50 minimum wage Bill would create tiered wages, automatic increases
Multiple stabbings reported at Pennsylvania high school
Twenty students were injured — four seriously — in a multiple-stabbing incident Wednesday morning inside Franklin Regional High School in Murrysville, about 20 miles east of Pittsburgh.
- Senate passes bill providing overdose immunity ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — A bill passed by the Minnesota Senate provides immunity for drug users who overdose and those who call 911 for help. But, the legislation has run into some opposition from law enforcement officials and prosecutors who fear the
- Twitter tweaks website to attract new users NEW YORK (AP) — As Twitter looks to broaden its appeal beyond its 241 million users, the company is introducing a redesign of profile pages that includes bigger photos, more user controls and a distinct resemblance to Facebook. "Moment by moment, yo
- Family's sailing trip with baby spurs debate SAN DIEGO (AP) — Sariah English can't imagine the stress her sister's family endured after their sailboat broke down 900 miles off the Mexican coast while their 1-year-old daughter covered in a rash was vomiting and suffering from diarrhea and a feve
- More State, national news Headlines