MOORHEAD — Ben Biewen put up 19 points, but it wasn’t enough as Gustavus Adolphus finished its men’s basketball season with a 69-62 loss Concordia-Moorhead in Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference play.
Jim Hill scored 12 points for the Gusties and Isaac Tapp had 11.
Andrew Martinson and Ebo Nana-Kweson scored 13 apiece for Concordia.
Gustavus was down 38-32 at halftime. The Gusties shot 41 percent from the field and made 11 of 12 free throw attempts.
Gustavus finishes the season 14-11 and 11-9 in the MIAC.
Women’s basketball: Moorhead 65, Gustavus women 49: Julia Dysthe led Gustavus with 14 points and five rebounds as the Gusties dropped their regular season finale 65-49 on the road to Concordia-Moorhead.
Abby Rothenbuehler and Kelsey Florian scored 11 points apiece for Gustavus. Rothenbuehler also brought down eight rebounds.
Emily Thesing scored 22 for Concordia (20-5, 19-3 MIAC).
Gustavus (15-10, 14-8 MIAC) begins the MIAC playoff semifinals Tuesday in Winona when they take on St. Mary’s.
Men’s hockey: Jack Walsh and Darren Lapic each scored goals, leading the Gusties to a 2-0 shutout against St. Olaf Saturday in Northfield.
Corey Leivermann, Tyler Lapic, Dane Erickson and Brian White each had assists. Tyler Venne turned back all 34 shots for the shutout. Gustavus put 30 shots on the St. Olaf net.
The Oles fall to 10-13-2 and 9-7 in the MIAC. Gustavus improves to 15-7-3 and 9-5-2.
Swimming & diving: The Gustavus women had three first-place finishes and the men had two top five finishes at the MIAC Swimming and Diving Championships at the University of Minnesota Aquatic Center.
Jenny Strom finished first in the 200-yard breaststroke (2:21.41) and Allisa Tinklenberg took first in the 200-backstroke (2:05.25). Katie Olson, Sarah Hund, Strom and Tinklenberg combined to win the 400-freestyle relay (3:36.68).
For the Gustavus men, Zac Solis took third in the 200-backstroke (1:55.09) and Jake Stern was fourth in the 200-breaststroke (2:09.42).
- St. Peter news
- Part of Sunrise Drive closed today Motorists will not be able to drive between Traverse Road and Inverness Lane
- Flooded highways to need work Sections of three river valley highways remain closed.
- St. Peter district chooses new high school location Career center could be built nearby.
- St. Peter jazz series gets in swing Blue Earth Collective performing; jazz scholars opening
- Woman injured in broadside collision Deborah Costello of Henderson injured in auto-pickup accident in St. Peter
- Arrest warrant issued in statutory rape case Police in St. Peter are looking for a man who allegedly had sexual intercourse with a 15-year-old girl.
- New principal named at South ST. PETER — Doreen Oelke has been named as the new principal for South Elementary Early Learning Center in St. Peter. Oelke was selected from 34 candidates. She is the Title I lead and targeted services coordinator for Waseca Public Schools. She has
- St. Peter to benefit from Link Project Realignment to help locals avoid busy highways
- St. Peter votes to regulate e-cigs Ordinance would make e-cigs part of tobacco license, business could allow use inside
- Charges filed against St. Peter teen in crash Amy Weinandt, 19, is facing felony charges for allegedly causing a head-on crash last year that injured her and three passengers
- More St. Peter news Headlines