ST PETER — A woman was checked at a local hospital for smoke inhalation early Monday morning after a fire broke out in an apartment's bedroom on at Nichols Court.
St. Peter Fire Chief Ronald Quade said the woman's hair was singed, but she checked out OK.
Firefighters were called to the apartment building about 12:10 a.m. and were on the scene about an hour and 45 minutes. When they arrived, they found the residents of the Pioneer Properties building were outside.
A lit candle caused the fire, which was contained to one bedroom. The apartment and four adjacent apartments were damaged by smoke.
A damage estimate was not available.