Links to the interactive photos can be found here:
The COVID pandemic sweeping across the nation has left many places void of one thing: people.
Gymnasiums once full of hoops fans are now empty arenas that janitors peek in on. Bars usually full of patrons watching sports on television are deep cleaned and awaiting to open their doors again.
For some, creaky swings blowing in the wind at a playground may conjure up an eerie horror movie scene. For others, the silence is a respite from the normal everyday bustle.
One thing is for sure, things right now are different.
Empty Spaces 1
Empty Spaces 2
Empty Spaces 3
Empty Spaces 4
Empty Spaces 5
Mankato resident, Phyllis Jean Fenton, age 93, died Wednesday, April 8, 2020 at Laurel's Peak in Mankato. Memorial services will be held at a later date. Interment will be at Ft. Snelling National Cemetery in Minneapolis. Phyllis was born March 14, 1927 to Glen ad Alma (Skipton) Foss. She is…
Sister Mary Emmanuel Fallenstein, SSND, 92, died Monday, April 6, 2020 at Our Lady of Good Counsel, Mankato. Funeral services will be held at a later date and will be published at that time.
A private family graveside service will be held for George H. Fowler, age 89, of Fairmont. A celebration of life service will be held at a later date. George passed away unexpectedly from natural causes on Monday, April 6, 2020, at his farm near Winnebago, MN. The Lakeview Funeral Home and C…
- Woman allegedly stole roommate's identity
- Wrongful death suit filed in Highway 14 crash
- Woman allegedly brandished knife outside Mankato liquor store
- Police: Most following stay-at-home order
- Charges: DNA corroborates rape allegation
- From the classroom to the front lines of the COVID-19 fight
- Posing for porchraits catches on in Mankato
- Burglars caught after fleeing through farm field, charges say
- Two more Level 3 sex offenders to reside in New Ulm
- Watch Gov. Walz live at 1 p.m. for update on state's response to COVID-19