The Mankato West girls basketball team fought their way to a slim victory over Mankato East 61-58 on Thursday evening. The Cougars' scrappy defense kept them in the game in a tightly played first half. In the start of the second half, Lexi Karge scored her 1,000th point for the Cougars and the game was stopped so she could be given a commemorative ball by her older sisters. The Scarlets kept up their offensive pressure later in the second half and slowly separated themselves from the Cougars in the Big 9 conference game.
- North Mankato fires part-timer for racist posts
- Our View: COVID-19: Minnesota response is working to stop spread
- Update: Mankato mask-mandate takes effect Friday (ordinance attached)
- Woman with warrant jumps in river after accident
- School district investigates student's racist post
- North Mankato man charged with indecent exposure
- Mother, daughter meeting mask demands as they sew their 6,000th
- Local COVID-19 hospitalizations include 22-year-old; Officials warn against "COVID parties"
- Driver charged after Mankato pursuit
- Dam Store opens flood gates to burgers, shakes, pies