The Mankato West girls basketball team fought their way to a slim victory over Mankato East 61-58 on Thursday evening. The Cougars' scrappy defense kept them in the game in a tightly played first half. In the start of the second half, Lexi Karge scored her 1,000th point for the Cougars and the game was stopped so she could be given a commemorative ball by her older sisters. The Scarlets kept up their offensive pressure later in the second half and slowly separated themselves from the Cougars in the Big 9 conference game.
What is your favorite Buffalo Wild Wings Sauce & Beer Pairing Team?
Age 90, died March 24, 2020, in Northfield. Survived by his wife of 64 years, June (Blanchard); sons, Eric of St. Paul, Hugh (Sherry) of Elko and 2 grandchildren. 25-year US Department of the Treasury employee. www.northfieldfuneral.com
Darlene "Dolly" Marie (Peterson) Melvin, 78, Mankato, and mother of Ricky, Susan, John and Lori, died Friday (3-27-2020). Private burial Calvary Cemetery with a celebration to be held later. Sign guestbook and leave a condolence, use www.mankatomortuary.com
- Taylor Corp. other businesses see varied effects of COVID, stay-at-home order
- Bar stayed open in spite of closure order, charges allege
- Charges: Med-seeking patient threatened Mankato clinic
- Bait shop owner charged with gun crimes, DWI
- Madison Lake man charged with drug possession, child endangerment
- List of essential jobs and when you can leave home
- How — and when — does this come to an end?
- No injuries in fire at Mankato residence
- Update: First Minnesotan dies of COVID-19; cases rise locally, statewide
- Update: Coronavirus deaths go to four; Mankato area cases up to 41