Tyler Jaovsky was sentenced to 35 years in prison Friday for shooting at officers and shooting Waseca Police officer Arik Matson. Matson, 33, was shot in the head Jan. 6 while responding with other officers to a suspicious person report.
Tyler Robert Janovsky, 38, who was wanted on drug charges, pleaded guilty to the shooting.
As featured on
- Mankato restaurateur dies in California crash
- Popeyes not coming to Mankato, other developments moving forward
- Police: Mankato bar violated executive order
- A Life Remembered: Patrick Person worked hard, played harder
- Level 3 predatory offender moving to Mankato
- Parent alleges NRHEG school district wrongly banned him from games
- Man charged after high-speed chase on Highway 60
- Student-led fundraiser gets Cleveland teacher a new wheelchair
- Hwy 60 project set to start in Madison Lake, Elysian
- A Life Remembered: Hilltop Florist co-owner demonstrated keen business sense, shared big heart