MANKATO — Spent fireworks started a Mankato garage on fire early Sunday morning.

Firefighters were called to 2224 Fair St. around 1:30 a.m. Used fireworks placed in a plastic garbage bin ignited a fire, said Jeff Bengtson, associate director of the Mankato Department of Public Safety.

The fire caused between $8,000 and $9,000 damage to the garage and a car.

Firefighters also were called to the Rosa Place apartment complex on Timberwolf Drive Saturday night after smoldering fireworks in a trash room activated the fire alarm. There was no damage.

Spent fireworks should be soaked in water or left out in an open area for several hours, Bengtson said.

React to this story:

React to this story:

0
1
1
1
0

Recommended for you