MANKATO — Mankato Marathon officials have selected five local organizations to be part of its 2019 Charities Program.
New marathon recipient charities:
• Boys and Girls Club of Mankato serves under-represented youth.
• Leisure Education for Exceptional People enriches the lives of hundreds of individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities.
• Mankato Family YMCA – STRIDE is a character-building fitness and running program where boys in grades 3-8 have a chance to share their thoughts and opinions about various life topics.
Returning marathon recipient charities:
• Project for Teens is a volunteer peer education and service learning program involving high school students in Greater Mankato.
• Committee Against Domestic Abuse provides safety and support to victims of domestic and sexual violence.
Each program will choose four Champion Runners to raise money for their 2019 race.
In addition, participating runners will be able to donate to any or all the charities when they register for any Mankato Marathon race.
Registration for the Oct. 18-19 marathon races opens Saturday. For more information, visit: mankatomarathon.com or call 385-6660.