You may have heard whispers of her demise, seen the bulging blue veins snaking around her hands, red spots blotching her forearms, the slightly gaunt face, the handkerchief-swaddled head.
So there I was, half-swallowed by a seat at the Palace Theater, seated next to my mother, who had brought me to see “The Wizard of Oz” in its 1949 re-release when I was seven years old. She had seen it in its original 1939 release, and it had utterly charmed her. It was the first movie I’d e…
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY.
75, Mankato, passed away unexpectedly, Thursday, January 23, 2020. Funeral, Tuesday, 11:00 a.m., St. John the Baptist Catholic Church. Visitation, Monday 4:00-7:00p.m., Northview, North Mankato Mortuary and one hour prior at church. Burial, Calvary Cemetery. www.mankatomortuary.com
- Mayo’s $600,000 naming rights expenditure disturbing
- 111 years of wisdom: New Ulm woman believed to be oldest Minnesota resident
- At least 2 killed in Monday crashes in Nicollet County
- Authorities identify teen killed in crash Monday
- Charges: Man strangled woman, neglected toddler
- Two die in semi-truck crashes on icy Nicollet County highways
- North Mankato man killed in crash identified
- Sex offender moves in New Ulm
- Ex Waseca bar owner pleads guilty in theft, fire
- Mankato civil attorney suspended for misconduct