You may have heard whispers of her demise, seen the bulging blue veins snaking around her hands, red spots blotching her forearms, the slightly gaunt face, the handkerchief-swaddled head.
So there I was, half-swallowed by a seat at the Palace Theater, seated next to my mother, who had brought me to see “The Wizard of Oz” in its 1949 re-release when I was seven years old. She had seen it in its original 1939 release, and it had utterly charmed her. It was the first movie I’d e…
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY.
age 70, Good Thunder, died unexpectedly on October 13, 2021. Funeral Mass 10:30a.m. Saturday, October 16 at St. Joseph's Catholic Church, Good Thunder. Visitation 4:00-7:00p.m. Friday, October 15 at Mankato Mortuary and 10:00-10:30a.m. Saturday at church. www.mankatomortuary.com
- UPDATE: Two in custody after gunshots, pursuit
- Probation violations send assailant to prison
- Gustavus drops Linnaeus name from arboretum
- Teen accused of assaulting child with knife
- Charges: Driver followed, fled then struck police
- A sentimental spin on the roller rink
- After 42 years Austin's Auto Repair in new hands
- Highway 169 corridor proposals unveiled
- Ask Us: Vast majority of ramp stalls open for public use
- School canoers rescued from Minnesota River