You may have heard whispers of her demise, seen the bulging blue veins snaking around her hands, red spots blotching her forearms, the slightly gaunt face, the handkerchief-swaddled head.
So there I was, half-swallowed by a seat at the Palace Theater, seated next to my mother, who had brought me to see “The Wizard of Oz” in its 1949 re-release when I was seven years old. She had seen it in its original 1939 release, and it had utterly charmed her. It was the first movie I’d e…
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY.
- Student asks for help buying teacher a new wheelchair
- Officials: Extremist threat to Minnesota Capitol has faded
- St. Peter freshman lawmaker regrets rally controversy
- House to investigate Akland, Munson over state Capitol rally
- Big changes in Hwy 169 corridor being studied
- Jesus issue prompted assault in Amboy, charges say
- Making a difference: Couple helps feed the hungry in the Mapleton area
- Hiniker, Rasmussen highlight Mankato park upgrades
- Courrier: Roufs will be missed by many
- Two area residents die from COVID as concern grows over more contagious strain